Sprint proposal: examples for documentation

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Sprint proposal: examples for documentation
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 10:19:20 -0400

One thing that we hear a lot is that our documentation is difficult to
follow. While it's difficult to get precise information about what is
bad about our documentation, I think there is a very clear lack: not
enough examples.

So I propose that our open-to-all sprint on Sunday that would include
people not at there physically should be about adding examples to the
documentation. The barrier to entry for writing documentation is
fairly low, just have to learn a mininum of texinfo, and in many cases
we can simply turn existing tests into examples in the documentation.
It is also a task that is easily split amongst many people.

I could easily hack together some sort of interface where we list the
functions without examples, claim them, and start writing examples for
all of them.

What do you think?

- Jordi G. H.