Re: Keeping the gui-release branch open considered harmful

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Keeping the gui-release branch open considered harmful
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:45:48 -0500

On 01/30/2015 12:51 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
On 01/30/2015 11:15 AM, Rik wrote:
On 01/30/2015 08:13 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Re: Keeping the gui-release branch open considered harmful

[snip]

But the original comment still stands.  If someone is willing to merge
the two branches and everyone feels that classdef and the new audio
system are ready for release then I won't stand in the way.

What is the history of classdef?  It looks to me that it was a separate
branch and then merged and truncated in December 2013.  After that,
there is only sporadic activity related to classdef and it is in default
branch.

It's been around a while.  Is it that GUI code the first major use of
classdef?

No, the GUI doesn't use classdef (yet).

Octave core does use classdef to provide the inputParser function, so we can't just disable it.