Re: Rewriting @examples

From: rik
Subject: Re: Rewriting @examples
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 08:23:52 -0700

On 03/28/2015 05:09 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Re: @example's as doctests
From:
Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
Date:
03/27/2015 02:08 PM
To:
Colin Macdonald <address@hidden>
CC:
address@hidden
7bit
Message:
3

On Fri, 2015-03-27 at 09:39 +0000, Colin Macdonald wrote:
> Finally. I checked several functions in core: spdiags and svd are fairly
> close to testable.  qr, chol not really written with this sort of tool
> in mind.  IIRC, others warned me this was true of core Octave.
I'd be quite happy to start rewriting examples so that they can be
parsed into doctests. I haven't been following your progress, so for
annoying lazy me, can you tell me what sort of things have to be done?

- Jordi G. H.

As long as re-writing does not mean dumbing down to plaintext.  We currently use Texinfo commands within the examples, such as @result{}, which appear nicely in both pdf and console environments.

--Rik