Re: Request for Matlab output

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: Re: Request for Matlab output
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 20:13:33 +0100

On 29.10.2015, at 18:50, Lukas Reichlin <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On 29.10.2015, at 12:36, Lukas Reichlin <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Octave community,
>>
>> In order to improve error handling in the control package, I would like to
>> know what Matlab’s output/error message looks like for each of the following
>> three lines of code:
>>
>> dss (1, 2, 3, 4, 0)
>>
>> feedback (tf (1), tf (-1))
>>
>> feedback (ss (1), ss (-1))
>>
>> Could someone with access to Matlab and its Control System Toolbox please
>> send me the resulting text output?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Lukas
>>

> Gentlemen, thank you very much for your help! I’ve just pushed a file
> containing my conclusions:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/control/ci/default/tree/devel/algebraic_loops.m
>
> Best regards,
> Lukas

May I ask you for another test in Matlab?

e = zeros (2, 2);
a = [-1, 1; 1, -1];
b = [1; 0];
c = [1, 0];
d = 0;
sys = dss (a, b, c, d, e)
G = tf (sys)
H = zpk (sys)

I think that descriptor systems with all-zero E matrix and non-invertible A
matrix are invalid. Now I wonder whether Matlab accepts those systems at all or
only returns NaN’s later on.

Best regards,
Lukas