Re: Request for write access on OctaveForge server

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Request for write access on OctaveForge server
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 14:58:45 +0000

On 1 November 2015 at 07:53, Oliver Heimlich <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> Lately I had another problem with SourceForge, when scientist from Iran
> could not download our packages, because they are blocked by SourceForge
> [1]. I had to send them the files by e-mail.
>
> Oliver
>
> [1]
> https://sourceforge.net/blog/clarifying-sourceforgenets-denial-of-site-access-for-certain-persons-in-accordance-with-us-law/

Do we have someone to confirm this?  On the admin interface there's
the following box:

    Export Control:
    This project incorporates, accesses, calls upon or otherwise uses
    encryption software with a symmetric key length greater than 64 bits
    ("encryption"). This review does not include products that use
    encryption for authentication only.

Which is unticked.  I was given the impression that only applications
affected by this would be blocked in those countries.  So Octave
Forge downloads should not be affected by those export laws.

Carnë