Re: regarding the project for GSoC "TISEAN package"

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: regarding the project for GSoC "TISEAN package"
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 22:47:35 +0100

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Neeraj Battan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Kakila: Hello, I was looking at the project "TISEAN package", I have
> downloaded all the codes of the functions that you have implemented for the
> TISIAN package, regarding the project can you please tell me what are the
> things that I have to do in the project. Do I have to implement all the
> functions that are mentioned in the description of the project?
>
> freebee

Hi Freebee,

Thanks for the interest. Have you look at the function table? Have you
look at the procedure implemented and followed by the previous
student?
http://wiki.octave.org/TISEAN_package:Procedure

You can look at the functions in the table, choose one that you think
you could understand and define how it can be ported/linked.
The previous student decided mostly to port, since TISEAN is not meant
as a library, but rather a collection of function. so it is easy just
to copy the code and embedded it into a .oct file or directly
re-implement the function as an m-file (many are quite trivial
nowadays and weren't back when TISEAN was written.)