Private function undefined

From: Francesco Faccio
Subject: Private function undefined
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 12:03:42 +0000

Dear all,

I am writing a private function that checks the options of ode23 and ode45. I have moved part of the code from ode23.m to this private function but something is not working.

At some time this function calls another private function (starting_stepsize.m) which is in the same folder and the output of the first test is

***** test  # two output arguments
 [t, y] = ode23 (@fpol, [0 2], [2 0]);
 assert ([t(end), y(end,:)], [2, fref], 1e-3);
!!!!! test failed
'starting_stepsize' undefined near line 101 column 27

If I move starting_stepsize.m from the private folder to the folder where ode23 and ode45 are, my code works, the function starting_stepsize is called correctly and all tests are passed.

Is there anyone who has had this problem or who can give me some suggestions on how to solve it?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Francesco Faccio