Pytave - (probably mercurial) - - Question

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Pytave - (probably mercurial) - - Question
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 12:31:20 +0530

Hi,
I have a few questions, which probably are general mercurial questions but might be specific to pytave, so I am sending on the list.
.
1)When working on the pytave repo, even if I don't checkout any bookmark, I still can commit. Where does the commit go?
I know that no bookmark is checked as I see no '*' when I do 'hg bookmark'.
.
2)What is the 'master'  branch for the repo?
Is it the '@' bookmark?
I mean from where should I make a new bookmark and try to incorporate new features?
.
3)I cloned my fork of pytave repo on bitbucket. Even though I can see a couple of commits in 'hg log' which i made. But I cannot see the same changes in the files! I tried checking out both bookmarks (there are only 2) but still no luck.
.
4)If I create a new bookmark and just work on it, will it behave like a git branch, so that even if there are some other commits in other files (not related to my commits), i could merge (rather push) without any conflicts?
.
.
If anyone could answer the pure mercurial questions, it would be great.
.
Abhinav