graphics_toolkit selection

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: graphics_toolkit selection
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 11:51:47 -0500

How does octave picks up default graphics_toolkit?

I noticed that once I installed (i.e. run "make install" that put it
into /usr/local) it picks up (appears to be randomly) either qt or gnuplot.
More over, if it picks gnuplot and I reset it to qt manually the fonts in the
plot windows all messed up.

Those thing have never happened when I was running octave as ./run-octave
from the build directory.

Dmitri.