Re: Octave-Forge: requirement for a maintainer Makefile for release

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge: requirement for a maintainer Makefile for release
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 19:45:09 -0800

On 13/12/16 14:47, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
Thus, if I put generated files under version control: It might happen
that these files get recreated by Make although they are up to date.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Not really.  My case might be a bit trivial compared to yours...

Maybe generating them could be a special make call that you would not normally run?

Just to provide a data point: I've noticed that perl modules seem to have lots of autogenerated files and these have time-stamps and so on, thus generating fair amount of churn in the revision control system.

Colin