Octave Forge -- Looking for a new leader

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Octave Forge -- Looking for a new leader
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 22:09:38 +0000

Hi everyone

For quite some time I have been the primary maintainer of the
Octave-Forge project but for the last year or so I have not been
able to do what is required for such a position.

I have been feeling it creep for a while so six months ago I suggested
to have some sort of election like Debian does [1].  When no one
said anything, I realized it was a terrible idea.  Still, we need a
new maintainer for the project. The current situation is not good
for me and is not good for the project either.

Is anybody interested in taking the lead? If you are not comfortable
naming yourself, then feel free to contact me offline.

Thanks
Carnë

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2016-04/msg00054.html