Flatpak prevents mex linking to any system libraries

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Flatpak prevents mex linking to any system libraries
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 17:00:28 +0100

Dear List,

Just a note to say that I've done some testing, and, as is obviously the case, installing Octave 4.4 via Flatpak prevents making any mex/oct files which link to system libraries. This is a pretty severe restriction for me (or rather my users). Is there any workaround for this? Won't this affect many forge packages too?

The only alternative (since the ppa is no longer to be updated) is to install Octave from source which is daunting for typical users.

Best regards,

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.