Introduction from Andrew Janke

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Introduction from Andrew Janke
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 17:26:50 -0400

Hi, folks,

I thought I should introduce myself since I've been hanging around here lately.

My name is Andrew Janke. I've been a commercial Matlab developer for 10+ years. I'm interested in Octave as an alternative to Matlab for some of our processing at work, or at least to use as a Matlab-compatible environment on more machines than my Matlab license allows me to install Matlab on.

I'm a big Mac user, and a former Mac Homebrew core maintainer. I also use Windows and Linux extensively at work.

I discovered Sebastian Schoeps' Mac DMG Octave installer while I was looking for a way to install a Qt GUI-enabled Octave on Mac, and have teamed up with him to help maintain that installer as the "Octave.app" project.

I have a couple open source Matlab projects, though I don't know how much of interest they would be for Octave users, since most of them rely on Java interop functionality that does not currently work in Octave.

https://github.com/apjanke/SLF4M
https://github.com/apjanke/matlab-bench
https://github.com/apjanke/MCodeNavigator
https://github.com/apjanke/janklab