RE: octave forge pkg states

From: JohnD
Subject: RE: octave forge pkg states
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 14:31:14 -0400

(cut) --

As an update for any interested, and in a perhaps easier way to read and
injest, attempting to install the current forge packages in linux (octave
4.4.0) and ignoring warnings, I get the following package failures:

* communications 1.2.1  - the repo code also fails

* fuzzy logic toolkit 0.4.5 - the repo code did allow installing ok

* linear-algebra 2.2.2 - the repo code did allow installed OK

* lssa 0.1.2 -  the repo code did allow installed OK

* ocs  0.1.5 - sourceforge repo code also failed, but dev repo elsewhere is
OK

* parallel 3.1.1 - repo code did allow installed OK

secs2d  0.0.8 - secsXXX is one repo now, but not working

Packages not tested:

* fem-fenics 0.0.5 - had a number of dependencies that I couldn't get all
installed

* mpi 1.2.0 - I did not have mpic++ installed

If not listed above, then it installed ok.