Re: Symbolic package 2.7.0

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: Re: Symbolic package 2.7.0
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 08:35:26 -0500

Colin,

It looks like the PYTHON env variable is no longer set at install time. In the
previous version I could specify which version of Python and sympy I wanted to
use.

In MacPorts, where there are typically multiple Python versions installed -
never mind the macOS version (which symbolic seems to default to),  this means
that the user has to either set PYTHON in .octaverc or at the prompt for each
octave session.

Marius