om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] gtk problems

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] gtk problems
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 05:03:51 -0400 (EDT)

Dario Aprea wrote
>I've just installed slackware-10.1 and tried to install om from cvs.
>Slackware comes with gtk-2.0, libgnomecanvas-2.0 and libglade-2.0
>preinstalled. I had to compile and install libsigc++-2.0.15,
>glibmm-2.6.1, gktmm-2.6.3, libgnomecanvasmm-2.10.0 and
>libglademm-2.6.0. Everything compiled fine, both the libraries and om.
>The om server runs without problems, but om_gtk gives me lots of
>errors. Any idea?
>
>Maybe the problem is between gtk and gtkmm. I don't have any program
>that uses gtkmm, so I can't try if it works.
>
>What versions of those library are you using? Maybe knowing that could
>help.
[snip]

Yes, it's a version problem (ie a bug) with libglademm (not libglade).
Unfortunately it seems a bit random what version causes the problems
(and I don't recall what version I'm running at home), but the problem
has always been solved by people up (or down?) grading libglademm.

If you switch versions and it fixes it, please reply to the list with
the version that didn't work, and the version that works, along with
your distro, and we can start figuring out where the problem actually
lies.

There's a few regulars in #lad who know about this problem (more than
myself, actually), so if you still have problems giving that a shot is
pprobably a goood bet.

Cheeers, and good luck

-DR-   (at ACMC '05)