om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] Getting started with om...

From: elgrande
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] Getting started with om...
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 03:07:17 +0200

Hi,

I guess I am having similar problems.
Om complains not finding ports of installed(!) LADSPA plugins.
Me too would appreciate help.

REgards, Tino

Atte André Jensen wrote:

Hi

I've been looking at alsa modular synth, but since it seems to be
un-maintained and buggy people suggested om instead. I hope that this
relatively young project will grow into the opposite (maintained and
stable).

Anyways, I had a few problems with building om that I'd like to share,
so that 1) others might know how to solve them and 2) maybe the problems
could even be avoided in the future.

I installed the packages needed to build om and dssi, which at least
were (on a relatively fresh debian/sarge):
libasound2-dev
libjack0.80.0-dev
libsamplerate
libgtkmm-2.4-dev
libgnomecanvasmm-2.6-dev
libglademm-2.4-dev

But I never could resolve all of the qt-related dependencies for dssi. I
ended up commenting out all lines in the Makefile having something to do
with 'examples', which worked ok. I guess those were some dssi examples
unrelated to om, which actually only needs the header files...

Anyways, the build seems to have gone fine, ran "om&; om_gtk&" and tried to open a few patches. None of the ones I tried would load, for instance sine.om gave these errors:

ERROR: Unable to load node /sine/adsr_g+t_0
ERROR: Unable to find object /sine/adsr_g+t_0
ERROR: Unable to find object /sine/adsr_g+t_0
ERROR: Unable to find object /sine/adsr_g+t_0/Attack Time (s)
ERROR: Unable to find object /sine/adsr_g+t_0/Attack Time (s)
ERROR: Unable to find object /sine/adsr_g+t_0/Decay Time (s)
ERROR: Unable to find object /sine/adsr_g+t_0/Decay Time (s)
ERROR: Unable to find object /sine/adsr_g+t_0/Release Time (s)
ERROR: Unable to find object /sine/adsr_g+t_0/Release Time (s)
ERROR: Unable to make connection /sine/note_in_0/Gate -> /sine/adsr_g+t_0/Gate ERROR: Unable to make connection /sine/note_in_0/Trigger -> /sine/adsr_g+t_0/Trigger ERROR: Unable to make connection /sine/adsr_g+t_0/Envelope Out -> /sine/sine_faaa_0/Amplitude
ERROR: Unable to find port /sine/adsr_g+t_0/Attack Time (s)
ERROR: Unable to find port /sine/adsr_g+t_0/Decay Time (s)
ERROR: Unable to find port /sine/adsr_g+t_0/Sustain Level
ERROR: Unable to find port /sine/adsr_g+t_0/Release Time (s)

Could someone please help me out here? Is my build incomplete, do I need some ladspa plugins (as http://www.nongnu.org/om-synth/quickstart.html suggests) or something completely different?

Thanks in advance for any help...