om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] DSSI synths

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] DSSI synths
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:39:39 +0000

On 07/07/05 20:22:07, Lars Luthman wrote:
On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 12:23 +0000, Michael wrote:
> I've noticed that the DSSI plugins like XSynth and Fluidsynth do not

> have any trigger or sync inputs. So I was wondering how one is
supposed
> to send any signals to them.

DSSI uses MIDI for things like that. If you have a DSSI plugin in a
patch (and the plugin implements run_synth(), which I think all
available DSSI plugins do) you should get an ALSA MIDI input port for
that patch. If you connect a MIDI source such as a sequencer or
keyboard
to that port you should be able to play the DSSI synth.

Yes that worked thanks. I noticed that only on port shows with the name of the patch even if multiple plugins are selected. Is there a limit to the number of DSSI plugins that I can select per patch?

--
Lars Luthman
PGP key:     http://www.d.kth.se/~d00-llu/pgp_key.php

Michael.