om-synth

[Om-synth] Getting some sound out of Om

From: S. Massy
Subject: [Om-synth] Getting some sound out of Om
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 08:13:43 +0000

Hi there,

I have recently found out about Om and am very anxious to try it. I have
compiled and installed it successfully and am now trying to get some
sound out of it using the basic "sine" patch. Here is what I have tried
so far:
# jackd -R -d alsa -r 44100
[all seems ok}
[in another console]
# om
[all ok there as well]
[in yet another console]
# om_patch_loader sine.om
[all ok]
# jack_connect Om:sine/output alsa_pcm:playback_1
[all ok}
# aplaymidi -p 128:0 test.mid

At this point, nothing further happens and no sound is output.
Occasionally, jack will complain about Om's subgraph timing out. Is
there something I am doing wrong? Maybe the midi port actually expects
some raw midi codes? I don't have a midi controller; so, if that is the
problem, how could I control Om?

For the record, I am using the console, and so do not have access to the
gtk client.

Are there any documentation on writing patches for Om?

Thank you very much for your help,
S.M.
--
address@hidden