om-synth

[Om-synth] Re: Om problem, today's CVS

From: Dave Phillips
Subject: [Om-synth] Re: Om problem, today's CVS
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 07:48:11 -0500

Dave Robillard wrote:

Thanks for the help, Dave, and thanks for Om. :)

No problem, let me know how it goes.  CVS is a little hectic right now,
getting all the features finished up for the 0.3.0 release, so don't
take bugs in CVS to be indicative of the stability of releases. :)

I think I'll be able to eliminate this damn /etc/hosts alias requirement
as well (the fix will accompany the ability to work through NAT, which
is also nice).

Unfortunately the example patch selection is a bit weak right now, but
you should be able to get the idea.  You might want to check out
http://atte.dk/om-wiki/UserSuppliedPatches for some other people's
patches (be warned you may need to add a MIDI input yourself on some
older ones though, due to a change since version 0.2.0)
Hi Dave:

Just a quick note to say how I've been getting along with Om. It's working fine, no outstanding issues, and its sound is excellent. Yes, it needs more patches. I'd like to help out and design some, but my time is socked. I had hoped to make some patches for Sean Bolton's WhySynth too but I just don't have the time. I suggested to Sean that he consider building a patch randomization utility into WhySynth. Would something similar be possible in Om ? Seems like it kind of goes against the grain of its design, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

Best,

dp