om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] Maybe Bug & Feature Questions

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] Maybe Bug & Feature Questions
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:03:09 -0500

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 12:49 +0100, audio-mobster wrote:
> Hello there
>
> first thanks to Dave Robillard for his great software.

t/y

> I found something like a bug, if an .om file contains mistakes my whole
> system freezes.

Not sure what you mean by 'mistakes'?

> Are there any plans making it possible to start multiple om instances or
> will om be/is multiprocessor capable.

Next version (Ingen) can/will be able to be launched multiple times.
Multiprocessing of the DSP stuff is unlikely any time soon (don't think
it's even possible while sticking to Jack realtime requirements, though
Om/Ingen does take advantge of multiple procs in other (admittedly
minor) ways)

> I think in direct audio outs from a subpatch to jack could help clean up
> the patching.

Never ;)

> Cutting a subpatch in two parts (ins/outs) also would be
> quite nice.

I don't understand.  How could you split a patch and still be able to
connect things inside it together?

Cheers,

-DR-