[Openexr-devel] upcoming 1.0.5 release

From: Drew Hess
Subject: [Openexr-devel] upcoming 1.0.5 release
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 02:29:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

With the changes to exrdisplay checked in, I'm preparing for the next
release of OpenEXR, version 1.0.5.  I'm shooting for sometime in the next
few days.  This release will not include support for Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET.  I don't want to hold up improved OS X and Win32 Visual
Studio 6 support any longer.

If you're waiting for the .NET support, please bear with me.  It's the
next thing on my plate now that the exrdisplay fragment shader support is
working.

If you're using the CVS version of OpenEXR, I'd appreciate it if you would
try building it on your platform(s) of choice over the next few days and
letting me know if you're running into problems.  Here is the current
status of OpenEXR CVS:

Linux:
  * No known issues, should build and run fine.
  * Now supports gcc 2.95.3+, if you had problems with this before, please
    try it again.
  * There's a .spec file in CVS that allows you to build RPMs, try it
    if you're on an RPM-based distro and let me know how it works for you.
  * Anyone actively working on packaging OpenEXR for Debian?  Contact me.

OS X:
  * libraries should build fine, confidence tests should all pass
  * exrdisplay does not currently work.  I broke it somehow while porting
    exrdisplay to Win32.  I'm looking into this now.
  * Codewarrior projects are checked into CVS, but they're in a different
    branch because they're HUGE and I didn't want to make the source
    download any bigger than it already is.  If you want to test them,
    do this:

    cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/openexr login

    (press enter key when prompted for password)

    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/openexr co \
    OpenEXR_MacCodeWarrior

    The OpenEXR_MacCodeWarrior directory should live along side your
    OpenEXR source code directory, not inside it.

Win32:
  * Worked last time I tried to build it using Visual C++ 6.0 and
    Intel C++ 7.0 compiler, including exrdisplay and confidence tests.
    I'll be building it again sometime in the next few days to make
    sure none of the recent checkins broke anything.

IRIX:
  * Haven't built it in a long time.  Anyone out there still using it?

Other platforms:
  * Unknown.

If you try building OpenEXR from CVS and you encounter a problem that's
not covered in the list above, please email me with the details.

thanks
-dwh-