Re: [Openexr-devel] upcoming 1.0.5 release

From: Henti Smith
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] upcoming 1.0.5 release
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:48:22 +0200

> Linux:
>   * Now supports gcc 2.95.3+, if you had problems with this before, please
>     try it again.

I had this .. fixed with patch from Lourens Veen <address@hidden>
The gcc patch works find on gcc 3.22 as well just not very nicely with distcc.
Will test from CVS and again at release

>   * Anyone actively working on packaging OpenEXR for Debian?  Contact me.

Should have the ebuild for gentoo done and in the portage tree soon.
added configure patch for gentoo and gcc patch as well as installing
default to /usr in gentoo instead of /usr/local

It'll be under the media-libs branch

P.S. does openEXR compile under PPC ?

If so I can play with it there as well

> If you try building OpenEXR from CVS and you encounter a problem that's
> not covered in the list above, please email me with the details.

/me goes to grab CVS

Henti Smith