[Openexr-devel] Odd things with Maya

From: Rob Hughes
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Odd things with Maya
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:25:16 +0000

Hi,

I have just started using the OpenEXR library for a plug-in I am writing for
Maya 4.5.  I am using gcc 2.96.

In a function I use a M44d.  Now here is the odd bit.  If I use either the
inverse or invert functions something strange happens.  If I make a code
change, do a file new, unload my plugin, recompile my plug in, and then reload
my plugin "new version",  I still get the old plug in running.  If I quit Maya
and restart it all is fine.

If I take out the invert function then I do not get this problem.

Just to complicate the issue the invert command does not need to be called to
cause the problem, it just needs to be in my code, say in

void MyNeverCalledFunction()
{
        b = a.inverse();

}

Has anyone else experienced anything like this.

Many thanks

Rob

Rob Hughes
R&D Moving Picture Company