Re: [Openexr-devel] can't compile NVSDK stuff

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] can't compile NVSDK stuff
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:23:43 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Henti Smith wrote:

> So my innitial gcc -o is not valid in this for error reporting.
>
> g++ -o test -g -O2 -lGL test.cc is the compiling commands for the test
> program that fails.

There's no -DUNIX in there....

> Regardless of adding -UNIX or -lGLX

-DUNIX, not -UNIX.

I think I see the problem.  In acinclude.m4, change this, starting at line
12:

  if test x$nvsdk_prefix != x ; then
    NVSDK_CXXFLAGS="-DUNIX -I$nvsdk_prefix/inc"
  else
    NVSDK_CXXFLAGS=""
  fi

to this:

  if test x$nvsdk_prefix != x ; then
    NVSDK_CXXFLAGS="-DUNIX -I$nvsdk_prefix/inc"
  else
    NVSDK_CXXFLAGS="-DUNIX"
  fi

In all my tests, I never installed the Nvidia SDK in any of the system
include paths, so I always used --with-nvsdk-prefix, and that sets the
-DUNIX flag.  On your system, the SDK includes are in /usr/include, so you
don't bother specifying --with-nvsdk-prefix, which makes perfect sense in
your case.

-dwh-