Re: [Openexr-devel] Survey of OpenEXR usage

From: John Cooper
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Survey of OpenEXR usage
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:54:27 -0700

Drew,

Digital Domain uses OpenEXR fairly extensively in both feature film and
television commercial work. I wrote DD's OpenEXR saver plugin for
LightWave3D (it saves any of Lightwave's internal render buffers as EXR
channels). We use it quite often as the primary output format for CG renders
here.

We have not yet rolled out SP4 for Win2k, so I am stuck using Visual Studio
6 with the Intel C++ compiler. That's why I always appreciate it when the
pre-compiled Win32 binaries are provided.

Cheers,
John Cooper
Commercials TD
Digital Domain