[Openexr-devel] Re: OpenEXR <-> Cineon/DPX

From: Thomas Kumlehn
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Re: OpenEXR <-> Cineon/DPX
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:03:50 +0200 (CEST)

>From the filmout perspective, I would skip all the fights about new
attributes and values and suggest to first add a plain text or XML file per
take to be analyzed by the EXR->CIN/DPX conversion tool, that will probably
be script and command line based.
This might include black/white point references OR RGB printer light
corrections (that simply shift values in the log/density space) to please
supervisors.

If no file is found the converter looks for a default file (per
customer/project) or falls back to 95/685 and default matrices as
discussed.

Chances are few to have takes with animated values, and a per frame
specification might be a risk if a take has been rendered, graded, approved
but a few frames need rerendering and end up without Lin->Log values
matching the surrounding frames. "Sh*t happens :-)"

If the converter currently is single file based, I'd rather change it to
sequence work.

This suggestion just focuses on the current projects until a "standard" is
established. The ILM proposal/concept seems very complete.

=====
Thomas Kumlehn
PIXEL PARTNER (R)
mobil +49 177 6990990

Bestellen Sie Y! DSL und erhalten Sie die AVM "FritzBox SL" für 0€.
Sie sparen 119€ und bekommen 2 Monate Grundgebührbefreiung.
http://de.adsl.yahoo.com