Re: [Openexr-devel] Input/output error

From: Ciaran Wills
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Input/output error
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:57:21 +0100

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 16:20, Ken McGaugh wrote:
> I definitely cannot give a test case, especially since I have
> yet to reproduce the error reliably myself.  Our tech department
> claims they had similar problems last year writing cineons, but
> they upgraded a network switch and they went away.  This happens
> most frequently on larger renders (ie. 4k), so I suspect it must
> be something with the I/O patterns as you suggest.  If I find out
> more information I'll share it with the list.

We had something similar a year or more ago with our in-house DPX writer
for Shake.  I never really got to the bottom of it, but I strongly
suspected it was nfs or servers starting to creak under heavy load.

I think I may have modified it to write larger blocks less often to
alleviate the problem, but my memory is hazy.

Ciaran.