[Openexr-devel] configure failure with gcc332

From: Ken McGaugh
Subject: [Openexr-devel] configure failure with gcc332
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:36:08 +0100

I am trying to build the OpenEXR libraries under RH73
using gcc332.  This setup is recommended by maya 6.0.

I ran the script like this

    ./configure CC=gcc332 CXX=g++332

and the error returned was

    checking for ld used by gcc332... no
    configure: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH

Looking a little deeper, I see that line 3828 in my
configure script is trying to run the command

    $CC -print-prog-name=ld

Running this with gcc returns just "ld".  Running this
with gcc332 also returns "ld", but outputs a blank line
*before* this result.  I was able to hack the configure
script to get around this, but I don't know where the
proper fix for this should go.

Thanks.
--Ken