Re: [Openexr-devel] recent back-and-forth re: Florian's proposal vs. usi

From: Chris Cox
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] recent back-and-forth re: Florian's proposal vs. using I
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:41:43 -0700

At 10:12 AM -0700 8/21/04, Gregory Brauer wrote:
Chris Cox wrote:

Would you also be willing to help create such a standard?

To the extent that my own expertise would allow...  I'm not
a "color scientist", and don't have any formal education as
such.  I only know what I know from picking up little
tidbits here and there, and from personal experimentation
that I've done out of necessity.  I generally followed all
of the lines of thought presented at the SIGGraph Color
BOF this year because I happen to know the vocabulary words,
but I am not yet one of the people forging new ideas in this
field.

We've got plenty of color scientists.
What we don't have is too many people with experience in film industry workflows or knowledge of existing film industry approaches to color.

Chris