Re: [Openexr-devel] KeyKodes (a recap)

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] KeyKodes (a recap)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:04:10 -0700

Ken McGaugh wrote:

A few more things from me. I think it would be nice if the IlmImf library supplied routines (or methods) for looking up the film manufacturer code and film type characters from the numbers stored in the keycode. I would also like a routine
to to build a human readable string of the keycode.  And I imagine it would
be handy to have routines to do keycode math.

Many thanks Tom for contributing to this discussion.

--Ken

I don't think IlmImf should include hardwired lists of film
manufacturers and their film types, but some of this information
is necessary to build a human-readable string from the numeric
keycode.

In my opinion IlmImf should provide a way to store a keycode
in an image file, an nothing more.  Interpreting and printing
keycodes, and performing math on them should be left to a
separate library.

Florian