Re: [Openexr-devel] Introduction and CTL/ICC question

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Introduction and CTL/ICC question
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 12:26:42 -0800

Ciaran Wills wrote:

As an aside, I've not heard anything about CTL since Siggraph.  Has
there been any further progress?

Progress has been slower than I would have liked, but we are
working on this project.  After Siggraph, I talked to a number
of people and exchanged e-mail about CTL and whether it is the
right thing to do. This was informative, but also very time-
consuming.  Even though color management doesn't sound like
the most exciting topic in the world, many people have strong
opinions about it, and it is important to find out what they have
to say.  In addition, other projects here at ILM kept me from
writing actual CTL interpreter code for a while, but now I am
back to working on CTL.

Florian