[Openexr-devel] Application requirements for Blender's OpenEXR output

From: Gernot Ziegler
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Application requirements for Blender's OpenEXR output
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:25:46 +0100 (MET)

Hej !

We had a little discussion internally on which output options we should
support in Blender, and therefore some questions here to the
post-processing application developers:

.) Color data: Half only, I guess ? Or are unsigned int and Float used,
too ?

.) RGB vs. RGBA: Are space requirements an issue, or is it ok to always
output RGBA ? Do you need a gray setting ?

.) Depth data: Float or Half ? Is there some standard for the value range ?
We currently have near clip=0.0 and far clip=1.0 .

.) Do you use uncompressed (hi-speed), lossless compression, or the
lossy compression ? (BTW: How do I set the compression mode in the writing
process ? ;) )

Servus,
  Gernot

--
O  The Austria <=> Sweden <=> Germany <=> Netherlands connection.....   H