Re: [Openexr-devel] Compiling with gcc4.0.1 - compilation error andfix

From: Kevin Wheatley
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Compiling with gcc4.0.1 - compilation error andfix
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:13:27 +0100

Florian Kainz wrote:
> The proposed fix for exrmaketiled is harmless one way or the
> other, and changing the code won't create a problem.  However,
> I still maintain that there is a bug in gcc 4.0.1 that should
> be reported.

well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I've read a couple of
things that say it should be OK, but the other things indicate
otherwise...

class X
{
};

class Y
{
  Y(X &X) {}
};

class Z
{
  friend class F;
  Z(F &F) {}
};

class F
{
};

class Z2
{
  friend class F2;
  Z2(F2 &f) {}
};

class F2
{
};

class F3;

class Z3
{
  friend class F3;
  Z3(F3 &f) {}
};

class F3
{
};

Comeau C/C++ 4.3.3 (Aug  6 2003 15:13:37) for ONLINE_EVALUATION_BETA1
Copyright 1988-2003 Comeau Computing.  All rights reserved.
MODE:strict errors C++

"ComeauTest.c", line 13: error: expected a ")"
    Z(F &F) {}
        ^

"ComeauTest.c", line 13: error: incomplete type is not allowed
    Z(F &F) {}
      ^

"ComeauTest.c", line 13: error: expected a ";" (perhaps on the
previous statement)
    Z(F &F) {}
            ^

"ComeauTest.c", line 23: error: expected a ")"
    Z2(F2 &f) {}
          ^

"ComeauTest.c", line 23: error: incomplete type is not allowed
    Z2(F2 &f) {}
       ^

"ComeauTest.c", line 23: error: expected a ";" (perhaps on the
previous statement)
    Z2(F2 &f) {}
              ^

I think the CVS at line 59 has a typo...

ImageChannel(Image &Image)
                    ^i
but it still won't make a difference.

Kevin

P.S. Hope this is taken in the spirit intended :-)

--
| Kevin Wheatley, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd | Nobody thinks this      |
| Senior Technology                     | My employer for certain |