Re: [Openexr-devel] RE: latest flood of UCE

From: Anders Dahnielson
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] RE: latest flood of UCE
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:34:26 +0100

The spam is probably coming from senders not subscribed to the mailing list, so changing the Mailman settings to only accept postings from subscribed addresses would stop most of it.

Just my two € cent...

On 12/17/05, Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005, Alexander Stohr wrote:

> In recent weeks i am seeing more and more spam flooding trough the OpenEXR
> mailing lists.
>
> Can you please stop that? Thank you.

Bogofilter ( http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/) does the trick for me.

Attempting to block spam at some intermediate point, or at the source,
is like attempting to fix the New Orlean's dike after Katrina with
just your finger.  Maybe it worked in Holland, but that was a long
time ago.

You are exceedingly lucky if the OpenEXR list is your only significant
source of spam.  I receive thousands of messages a day here.  I don't
recall any from the OpenEXR list that survived bogofilter's tests.

Bob