Re: [Openexr-devel] Working Solution for x64 windows build

From: Piotr Stanczyk
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Working Solution for x64 windows build
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:19:54 -0700

Thanks for that Ger,

Nick and I will try to get this into the next release all being well.

Piotr

Ger Hobbelt wrote:
Erm, not really, but I can see what I can do regarding that. Isn't
that hard to do really - it just takes time.

Basic trick would be along these lines: get the vcproj files for the
DLLs in a text editor; kill the GUIDs at the top (as you are creating
different projects) and change the type code (a number) to the number
you see appearing in any static lib vcproj, then same as different
filenames. The .sln will be blown to smithereens then, so you'll have
to setup build dependencies between libs from scratch. Oh, And the
post-build lines calling the createDLL tool have to be removed from
the vcproj files as well.

After that, it's a few rounds of building the stuff and checking all
the compiler and linker settings (including preprocessor symbols) and
making sure that the test apps actually run.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do, but don't expect a result this week -
too busy with other stuff - hence the above short description how to
tackle this on your own if the need is urgent.

Ger