Re: [Openexr-devel] Pulling my hair out: switching project to VS2008 bre

From: Piotr Stanczyk
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Pulling my hair out: switching project to VS2008 breaks OpenEXR :(
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:36:30 -0700

Borislav Trifonov wrote:
I was moving my projects from Visual Studio 2005 to 2008. Since I had built all my libraries with link time code generation, I had to rebuild everything since VS2008 wouldn't take the old binaries. OpenEXR now now longer works, despite me trying all sorts of changes of compiler options etc. In my project, with a release build FrameBuffer::insert() fails despite the fact that findChannel() shows the channel is there. With a debug build it sort of works and sometimes doesn't... I haven't changed any of the code nor the .exr images I'm loading. A few libraries I had been using, such as libpng and SDL, I built the updated versions of. But I don't see how that would affect anything. I'm under a deadline so I really need to get this resolved, but I haven't the faintest clue where to even start looking...