Re: [Openexr-devel] Pulling my hair out: switching projecttoVS2008breaks

From: James Burgess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Pulling my hair out: switching projecttoVS2008breaks OpenEXR :(
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:08:50 -0700

They have consistently maintained that the performance hit is minimal except for "unusual cases" what ever that means. If you look through the msdn forums you'll see that the engineers involved are always very interested in specific test cases that perform poorly which they do admit exist. If you have one I would suggest you post it there.

I'm curious, do you have timings to illustrate your frustration?

The debug mode iterator checks do have a significant performance overheard but I think everyone would agree that's ok.