Re: [Openexr-devel] Source Control

From: Gerald Henriksen
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Source Control
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 22:38:56 -0400

On Thu, 19 May 2011 21:59:10 +0000, you wrote:

>Interesting observation re the windows side ...
>
>I have no strong feeling against Hg; our Alembic team is running on with it
>and they seem quite happy.
>The migration path from CVS to git seemed, at least the last time I looked,
>rather more straight forward with git.
>
>My viewpoint is with a nod to perception of the wider acceptance of git over
>Hg, but then perhaps this reflects my *nix centric view of the world :)

git has the widest acceptance in the open source world, while I would
guess most of the Windows world is likely using proprietary source
control systems.

But at the end of the day if you are doing the work, then choose
whichever you are most comfortable using.  After all, it is you that
will be responsible for it.