Re: [Openexr-devel] Established deep data file extension?

From: Jon Wadelton
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Established deep data file extension?
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 10:22:57 +0100

The deep readers are independent of the regular readers so its fine to
use .exr for both.  That being said the file chooser can't currently
work out whether to create a DeepRead or regular Read if the filename
just has an .exr extension.  A different file extension would help us
here to create the correct read without having to open up the file and
peek at the headers.

Longer term Nuke may want to do something cleverer when opening exr
files in general.  It could for instance loop through all the parts
within the file and produce different DeepReads or Reads per part
instead of just assuming there is one type of data per file.