Re: [Openexr-devel] iif-optimisations branch tests

From: Al Crate
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] iif-optimisations branch tests
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 12:57:35 +0100

On 20/03/13 10:32, Al Crate wrote:
Hi all,

Just built the iff-optimised version, I tweaked the code in IlmImfTest
to spit out some timings between the aligned and unaligned tests.

The timings are almost identical, which isn't what I'd expect, is there
anything I should be doing here to make this work, I also tried using
the optimised libraries in our playback tool and that showed little to
no speed improvements.

I'm guessing I'm not using these correctly, is there some compiler
option I require or memory alignment needed?

cheers

al