Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR plug-in for GIMP

From: Ton Roosendaal
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR plug-in for GIMP
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:19:23 +0200

Hi,

Blender uses a regular C api for every module. You can browse the code for our
exr reader here:

http://projects.blender.org/scm/viewvc.php/trunk/blender/source/blender/imbuf/intern/openexr/?root=bf-blender

It has regular buffer reading support, multilayer, and tile based saving.

It's all pretty straightforward to do with openexr. Most work would be proper
integration I guess.

I'm also very interested to make sure Gimp layers read/write would work nice
for Blender as well :) We can discuss that outside of this list of course.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation   address@hidden    www.blender.org