[Openexr-devel] OpenEXR_Viewers: building problems in OSX 10.8.3

From: Dalai Felinto
Subject: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR_Viewers: building problems in OSX 10.8.3
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:54:43 -0700

Hello,
I'm trying to build the OpenEXR_Viewers from the github repository (tag 2.0.0.GM)

I can compile IlmBase, OpenEXR libs, OpenEXR tools (exrheader, exrmultipart, ...), but exrdisplay fails during make. Two quick questions and an extensive log/troubleshooting email:

1) does it support fltk 1.3.1 ?
2) do I really need glibtoolize ? (instead of libtoolize)

To make bootstrap to work I had to replace the first lines to use libtoolize (available here) instead of glibtoolize (non-existent). I wonder if this is the problem.

The make/make install produces two files:
/usr/local/bin/exrdisplay
/usr/local/bin/exrdisplay.app

The bundle (.app), however, basically has the exrdisplay script inside it and nothing else.
It feels like the application itself wasn't built/copied properly

#####
#!/bin/sh
dir="`dirname \"$0\"`"
exec "$dir//usr/local/bin/exrdisplay.app/Contents/MacOS//usr/local/bin/exrdisplay" "$@"
#####

My system:
=========
* OSX 10.8.3
* gcc --version : i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2336.11.00)
* fltk-config --version : 1.3.1

Logs:
=====
1) ./configure --prefix=/usr/local ;; http://www.pasteall.org/41857
2) make -j1 ;; http://www.pasteall.org/41858
3) sudo make install ;; http://www.pasteall.org/41859
4) exrdisplay [file.exr] ;; http://www.pasteall.org/41860

Any help is appreciated. I'm implementing support for MultiPart in an application and I can really use a reliable viewer (in oppose to use exrmultipart -separate to check my results in old viewers).

Thanks,
Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/member/dalai-felinto