openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] OpenExr >=16bit editor

From: John Coldrick
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] OpenExr >=16bit editor
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:14:57 -0400

On Thursday 08 July 2004 14:31, Mark Banas wrote:
> So, keep this in mind whenever using Photoshop or other low-dynamic
> range editors. CinePaint is one of the few high-dynamic range image
> editors out there, and free. Unfortunately, CinePaint has had many
> problems editing and saving various types of EXR images. This may have
> been fixed by now, but I'm not aware if it is in the general release.
> Nice app, otherwise.

        Actually, having just installed brand new SUSE machines, you've
reminded me
to get this and re-install.  ;)  I've found that with the latest OEXR and
cinepaint, there does indeed seem to be some issues.  For instance, I
couldn't load the "blobbies" scanline example image that the OEXR folks
distribute(plugin segfaults), but I'm able to open the Desk scanline image in
the same directory.  Saving seems to work, so far.

        Cheers,

        J.C.

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
address@hidden                                        M5V 1S4
My mother loved children -- she would have given anything if I had been
one.
                -- Groucho Marx