openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] License question

From: Mario Fichtenmayer
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] License question
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:41:58 +0200

Hello,

thank you very much for mentioning jGoodies, Daniel.
I used the last days to think again about the license and i came to the conclusion that the BSD license is completely sufficient for this project.

But i have one last question:
Besides the normal license-header of the source-files and the extra license-textfile, what's about the following lines:

This library is based on the OpenEXR library from ILM.
Exrforjava is not affiliated to ILM.
For more information about the exr file format in general or the original C library visit www.openexr.com .

I think about puting this in the readme file.
Does it suffice to mention ILM this way?
Or shouldn't i at all?
Since it might be misunderstandable.

thanks again to Drew and Florian

have a nice day