openoffice-extensions-discuss

Re: [Openoffice-extensions-discuss] OpenOffice Extensions Maintainer

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Openoffice-extensions-discuss] OpenOffice Extensions Maintainer
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 14:10:27 +0200

Jason Self schreef:
Hello,

I'm happy to say that the FSF has accepted my offer to volunteer as the official maintainer of this project.

My job as maintainer is to take a lead role in developing the extension listing, coordinating with other volunteers who want to help and keep it up to date, and generally leading the way.

Congratulations and thanks for taking on the job.

Automation is something that I think would greatly benefit this project. There is a free software license analysis tool at [1] that should help. Automated license checking is not perfect but would help to reduce the amount of manual effort that's required to maintain the list.

If you're interested in helping to automate this project's workflow please let me know.

Setting up FOSSology is a long standing item on the to do list for gNewSense. I'm only familiar with it in as far as that I know it exists. So I'm interested, but not much use with actually helping. :)

Thanks,
Jason

[1] http://www.fossology.org/