Re: [Openvds-devel] imapd

From: Mike B.
Subject: Re: [Openvds-devel] imapd
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:17:33 -0700

> ok here goes,
>
> I want to include a webmail set for each VS.  I found one written in php
> that I like, but it requires imapd to run.  Has anyone found a webmail
> client that just runs on pop3 or has anyone gotten imapd installed and
> running on a vs (I tried uw-imapd, it compiled nicely in the VS, but
> wouldn't answer requests).
>
> Has anyone found a nice webmail client that will run on just the
> standard VS
>
> or
>
> What do I need to do to get uw-imapd up and running in a VS
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> -Mike

Depending on your setup, there of course is more than one way to do things.  I
have used neomail, which reads from the mail spools themselves, and can be
hacked to work with just about any spool location, and have also used popper,
which is a php pop3 mail gateway.  The only real downside of popper is that
it's a)database intensive and b)uses css heavily, so Netscape 4.x doesn't do to
well with it.  You could also look at http://www.linuxlinks.com/Web/Mail/ for
other options.

Hope it helps.

Mike