RE: [Openvds-devel] RFC-OpenVDS-0001, Ideas for the future (software pa

From: Paul Marshall
Subject: RE: [Openvds-devel] RFC-OpenVDS-0001, Ideas for the future (software packages)
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 11:03:39 -0800

Hi,

I have been looking for a truck the last few weeks, so I haven't been following
along, however, I have a comment regarding Apache in the skel. I would like to
either see Apache removed from the skel or we need to make it more flexible in
where it looks for Apache. For instance, I compile most everything from scratch
including Apache. Since I install in /usr/local/apache, or the original,
/usr/local/etc/httpd. As a result, none of the Apache commands work, because it
isn't where freevsd expects it. There are plenty of tools for administering
Apache. This also breaks WebAdmin, since it uses the freevsd commands.

Another reason to pull Apache out of the skel is that some people may want to
run different versions of apache, such as 2.0. In fact, the only thing that
should be included in the skel is sendmail. Everything else should be installed
into the individual skels.

Take care,

Paul