openvds-support

[Openvds-support] weirder and weirder...

From: River Hume
Subject: [Openvds-support] weirder and weirder...
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:48:11 -0800

So, I looked in the [path to vs]/home/httpd/html dir of the new v-server, and the index.html file there is NOTHING like the one that comes up when I pull it up by ip over the web. in my browser, I get a page that says "If you can see this page then it looks like your webserver is running."

The file there on the machine is the standard Apache 'your webserver is running' page... furthermore, when I create new files there, they do not appear on the web (I also tried the vs dir's /home/web directory, but no luck here either) so where the hell does it actually PUT the web docs? again, I can't even access them as the admin of the new vs to compare, coz bevs won't recognise the new server. I get:
address@hidden web]# bevs binaryaxiom
-- cannot read server map file: No such file or directory

furthermore, a find . index.html in the vs root dir returns NOTHING... not even the standard apache index.html which is CLEARLY sitting right there in [path to vs]/home/httpd/html

Have I mentioned yet how frustrated I am with vsd yet? *sigh*