openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] Aureal Advantage (8810) problem

From: Kovacs Krisztian
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Aureal Advantage (8810) problem
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:40:15 +0100

  Hi,

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 07:48:19AM -0400, Manuel Jander wrote:
> >   I have an Asus A7V-E, with VIA KT133 chipset, and a Duron 750 CPU. I've
> > changed PCI register 40 to 0xff, so that it works at all. (This fix is
> > needed on Windows, of course.) I'll send lspci info later, since I'm not
> > home at the moment...
>
> Hmm, albeit VIA makes great chipsets, they always had trouble with
> aureal vortex cards. But modifying register 40 to 0xff and raising the
> "latency timer" of the aureal vortex card to 0x40 of 0x60 should help
> and solve that problems.

  Hmm, what is this "latency timer" exactly? Do I have to do anything else
besides using setpci to set register 40 to 0xff?

> The disassembled windows driver can be generated by passing admau30.sys
> (or something similar to that) through IDA pro. The disassembled text is
> about 12 MiB in size. I'll try to upload to my website
> (www.vortexofsound.tk) into the "re" section.

  Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have IDA pro, so I'll be unable to do it
myself, but in case you could provide the disassembled text, I would spend
some time to try to figure out what source 4 might be.

> I had sometimes warnings like that on computer, but i simply disabled be
> verbose messages in the ALSA driver since it worked without problems and
> i was unable to fix that. Maybe this warnings are just the tip of the
> iceberg ? I'll take another look at it...

  I thought there might be some correspondence, since in my case there
really are unacknowledged interrupts (coming from source 4).

--
 Kovács Krisztián (Hidden)